Union City has no hospitals within the city limits, however there are several close by. All are within approximately 3 miles, with the exception of Jersey City Medical Center which is a little further away.
- Hoboken University Medical Center
- Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center, Secaucus
- Christ Hospital, Jersey City
- Jersey City Medical Center, Jersey City (trauma center, county emergency ambulance service, county medical examiner)
- Palisades Medical Center, North Bergen
We have two nursing homes, Castle Hill Nursing Home, on 23rd Street and Manhattan View Nursing Home at Hudson Avenue and Hackensack Plank Rd.
Several adult medical day care centers are located in Union City and in surrounding communities.
North Hudson Community Action Corp. Provides medical services and health screenings, including a mobile health unit, to our residents, with many services and screening free. Their main office is located 5301 Broadway, West New York, NJ 07093. Medical services for Union City residents are provided at NHCAC'S Community Health Center at 714 31st Street (telephone (973) 863-7077). NAHCAC also provides Head Start programs for pre-school children.